Ever since my coworkers learned that Baby H’s name was going to be a surprise they’ve been working really hard to guess it. They are constantly asking for clues and then listing off names so they can read the reaction on my face. I have not fallen for their games. The name has actually been thrown out there (along with like 100 other names) and I’ve given the same reaction. Heh heh heh. It helps to pretend that the baby has some other name, so if I do hear her real name I am not affected.
I decided to make guessing the name a game. My coworkers have all given their top two picks for her name and whoever guesses it will get the call at work when the baby is born, and she can then share the good news with everyone else. It’s actually been pretty fun. I gave some vaguish clues to help them along and these are their current votes:
Do you want to play? If you guess, you will be one of the first people we call! Here are the clues:
- It is a nod to my family…but that won’t help you unless you’re a Teague! Haha! Well, Melissa has the best resources on that, since she has a copy of the family tree.
- It has a male counterpart name. Example: Christina—Christopher, Anne—Andrew
- It has literary origins. Or, at least, I read that it was first used in a literary piece centuries ago.
- This has led me to feel that it is an older name, but a confidant told me that it’s also a newer name.
- At least one of my favorite TV shows or movies has either an actress or character with this name or derivative of the name.