Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Calendar Girl


Earlier tonight JB called down to me from the office, saying gravely, "April, you'd better come up here. There's an email that you need to see."

"What is it?" I called back.

"You're not going to like it."

I was quite baffled about what bad email he could receive that I wouldn't like, so I hurried to the computer to read the message.

It said, "hello April,

we have chosen to use your photo that is looking from shore out into a bay."

JB is such a trickster!

It was an email from the Clark Twp Rec Committee (where Cedarville is, in the U.P.), saying that they chose my photo for their 2010 calendar. How cool is that?? I'm sure there weren't scads of entries as it is a very rural area, and considering the lack of grammar consideration in the man's email, I don't know how professional the contest is, but it's still fun to be picked!

5 comments:

The Contemplative Mama said...

Congratulations April! I love the picture...it's beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is AWSOME!

-Jess

Michigan Girl said...

That picture is gorgeous! It's no wonder they picked it! Congratulations!

Heather

saraho said...

great picture :) congrats!

saraho said...

any new pics of little o ?